Terms and conditions
Here at Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V., we respect the personal privacy of our customers and take the responsibility of ensuring the security of your personal information very seriously.
If we ask you to provide us with any personal information, we will tell you the purposes for which we intend to use that information. We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent. We will never sell any information obtained from you to a third party.
Information Collection, Use & Disclosure
You have to provide us with certain personal information that is added to our internal database while using our website. The information in the database is used only for our purposes.
- We use the information collected to send you newsletters, e-mail notices, research and surveys and other correspondence. We will only send this type of information to you with your consent.
- When entering a prize contest or other competitions, we ask you to provide certain personal information, which allows us to successfully execute the projects.
- We will use information on site traffic and member demographics to compile statistics and reports for our own use. We analyse the aggregated information to understand our customers and their needs. The information used for this purpose does not include personally identifiable data.
At Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V., we will use the appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access. Access to personal information is restricted to authorized Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V. personnel only.
A “cookie” is a small file that is stored on your computer's hard drive. The browser stores the message in a text file and the message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies, and the help menu of your browser should tell you how to do so. However, doing this will hinder our website's performance and negatively impact your experience on our site.
By submitting personal information, you agree that we can use your information to send you e-mails regarding the topics on how to travel and live more sustainably. You are aware that you may unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time by clicking the link in the received e-mail. We use a strict system of prior approval of use of personal data, which means that we may send the e-mail only to persons who agree to receive e-mails from us.
At Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V, we will protect and keep personal information in accordance with the Law on Data Protection. Personal information that we receive from you based on your agreement is saved in the personal information database, which is technologically safe and protected and may be accessed only by the authorized employees of Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V. In case the personal data safety is compromised, we will, without delay and no later than in 72 hours after being informed about the threatened safety of personal information, inform the authorities.
- You may request an amendment of incorrect personal information at any time.
- You may request access to your information or the deletion of your personal information at any time.
- You may request to limit the use of your personal information in case it is incorrect or illegal, or request for Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V. to stop processing your personal information, or file a complaint at any time.
- You may request for Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V. to send you your personal information that we process.
We commit not to lend or sell your personal information to any third party without prior notice or your written approval.
Research & Surveys
From time to time, we may conduct research or surveys that request demographic information (such as age, range and gender) and travel preferences. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. The information collected will only be shared with third parties in aggregate form; no individual personal information will ever be given to third parties unless we have your express permission or you have been notified about it.
Accuracy and Access
At Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V., we strive to ensure that any personal information we collect is accurate and complete for the purposes with which we will use it. At your request, we will provide you with a statement of the personal information we have collected about you. If our records regarding your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the information at your request immediately.
For more information
The above statement discloses the privacy practices and policies for our website. If you have any questions about these practices and policies or would like to file a complaint, please contact us.